Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pattern Consumption


It was my fault. I know she likes paper, yet I allowed my beloved Burda blazer pattern (8103) to ly around at dog level for weeks. I'm not sure if she thought about eating for all those weeks, and then one day just broke down and had to molest an expensive, unopened pattern...or if it just took her all that time to realize it was there and she had some chewing to do. Either way, the result was the same; I was slightly horrified and a little angry (mostly at myself for leaving it out at dog-lip level).

The shredded packaging was all that was left. A sick feeling crept into my gut...how long had I had this pattern? Is it now discontinued? I quickly did the math in my head; I'd had this pattern for more than 4 years, surely it's discontinued. The next time I visited a fabric store, I made certain I looked for it. No dice.

I then looked online and, behold(!), someone up in Canada hoards discontinued Burda patterns!!! Yay. :) I ordered a replacement, and learned a valuable lesson about how tasty patterns are to certain dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment