Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blazer Dreams Part 2: Half done?

You'll have to trust me; the jacket really is white, but I have super-crappy night lighting in my studio (aka, second bedroom, home office, thunder-storm-dog-retreat).

I'm not quite sure how to judge whether I'm actually half way done with this jacket.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still very faint.  Much like putting IKEA furniture together, I'm praying I don't have any pieces left over when I'm done sewing.
 Here, you'll see some of the basic construction of the outer jacket is taking form.


















The pesky, and oh-so-important-to-get-it-perfect, lapel and collar business looks good from a distance as you see here.

















But it is giving me some trouble--notice the tuck I accidentally sewed into the inner collar and the burgeoning overlap of fabric I've created? (see left side of photo, oops the other left). 

Because I've already clipped and pressed the curves up in there, I'm pretty much convinced I can't do any seam ripping and re-sewing without causing another, more noticeable flaw.  I'm thinking of leaving it in.  I believe this is what my Kamikaze Seamstress friend meant when she said "power through that hot mess."  So, I am.

So what if every time I wear this jacket I'll feel a little like Quasimoto?

Onward and upward, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment