Sunday, August 1, 2010

Organized, finally.

Last year I scored a bunch of vintage soda crates, and I had plans...big plans. 

These cutsie, shallow boxes of vintage wood and paint were going to save me from disorganization in my office/sewing studio (thanks for the idea, Patti!)...if only I ever hung them up so I could use them as shelving.

So this weekend, I finally did it. 








I had to pull out all of my most impressive tools.













And here's the result!  This is the sewing studio portion of my home office.

















And this is the "office" side of the office, although sewing stuff somehow is over there, too.












One final bonus shot; I also put up several in my entryway. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a great idea! I've been contemplating re-purposing old wooden furniture and scraps into a new way to organize my sewing area (really, i just crowded my boyfriend out of the office with it all, haha). But to find anything in the city is just so expensive. I think I'll have to head north to the rural areas to find old containers like you have. It looks great - sooo much more original and interesting than paying for particle board Ikea stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandroid, no doubt! I got these mostly off of Ebay. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete