Sunday, August 8, 2010

UPDATE: Next Time I'll Just Buy A New Couch: Part II

There's been very little movement on the recover-my-couch odyssey, but yesterday I did a little work on the very exciting cushion covers.  Why so exciting?  Well, because there's piping involved!  Yep, homemade piping.  Exciting, right?

To start I had to make side panels for the cusions that had a zipper in them, so I could slip the covers on (and off--oh, who are we kidding?  these covers are never coming off!). 







And I used this very cool 12 foot roll of upholstery zipper to make the 4 zippered panels.  Too bad it came with 12 zipper heads...what a waste.














I also spent a good deal of time making a lot of this olive green piping from scratch, which isn't difficult; just time consuming.  I think I bought 20 yards of piping and it looks like I'll need about 60 more.  :(  Those blue strips underneath the piping will become the sides of the cushions.












I was only able to finish one cushion cover, but it looks pretty good!  Only 3 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment