Monday, November 21, 2011

The new corporate barbie uniform?

Yes, I hope so.  I'm in love with this pattern, and I could wear it every day.  Would everyone at work start talking about me behind my back?  "There's that weird woman who always wears the same shirt..."  No, it's more likely they'd say, "I am sooo jealy; I want those shirts with the fabulous buttonholes!"  Thanks, again, Granny.  I have at least two more fabrics in my stash that I'd like to use this Simplicity #2151 pattern on, so, I WILL be that weird woman....and I don't care.

This shirt is almost an exact replica of the 2011 Party Shirt (see previous post), minus the puffy/gathered party-sleeve.  Instead, this shirt dons a very corporate, straight sleeve with a couple of faux buttonholes on each cuff for added luxury and corporate authority.

I scored the fabric on clearance ($3.99/yard) at fabricmart.com, and it's a silky, stretchy, poly charmeuse with a small geometric (olive) print on an off-white background.  It's wonderful, even if it was a little slippery to sew.  I had to add a "cuff" to the sleeves, despite my alteration of the pattern making the sleeve 2 inches longer.  I have gianormously long arms, I guess.

Stay tuned for more.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice looking blouse with lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HeathersSphere! I loved your blue blouse from the same pattern...and that's what inspired me to try the collar you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through patternreview. You've inspired me to pull this pattern out of my stash and make it for myself. I love the fabric that you made this one out of!! Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete