Friday, November 11, 2011

2011 Party Shirt!!

Hello, 2011 Party Shirt.  You're shiny, you're new, and you were made just for me! 
 

I made this shirt with Simplicity "Amazing Fit" #2151 (view A) from some shiny, purple, $1.99 acetate from FabricMart.com.  This pattern was kind of "amazing;" it let you choose the pattern that fit your bust/cup size.  The finished shirt looks exactly like the line drawing on the envelope, which I'm super pleased about.  I did do a quick muslin first, and the pattern directions had some tips for fine tuning the fit.  I shortened the body of the shirt a bit, but the only major alteration I made was to lower the neckline about 3 inches--it had to be done.  A party shirt isn't a party shirt unless it shows some cleavage.
It took me about a week to finish, but what I'm most proud of are the buttonholes I made with my great grandmother's Singer Featherweight and a Singer buttonholer attachment I bought off of Ebay for $30.  These buttonholes are GORGEOUS--they are identical to one another and have a tight bead of thread all the way around.  My fear of buttonhole-making is officially over, folks.  Thanks to my Granny's machine, I can make any kind of shirt I want!


I attached these 6 buttons in about 5 minutes with my Bernina Record 830, and a special button-sewing-on foot I bought on Ebay.
Yehaw!  Bring on the parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment