Monday, August 27, 2012

1 hour lounge pants

I've made a couple of flannel lounge pants (a.k.a. "jammies") from tutorials that show you how to use a pair of pants you already own as a pattern (just add an inch all around, except add 2 inches above the waist for the elastic casing).  I decided to use this luscious, chocolate, poly charmeuse fabric to make some satiny lounge pants:


















I originally purchased this fabric to make a shirt, but I decided against it afterward, so it's been sitting around, unloved, for a year. 

If you've never owned a silky/satiny pair of lounge pants/jammies, I highly recommend them; not only do they raise the sophistication level of your down time, they make turning over in flannel sheets completely effortless!

It's best if the fabric has a little stretch, but this particular fabric didn't.  I tried to cut myself a little extra room in the hips and waist to counter-act the stretch-free charmeuse.  Instead of modeling these jammies on an existing pair of pants, I grabbed a T&T pattern:


















Part of sewing these suckers up in an hour is being able to really zoom along on your serger...until this happens:


















I really hate it when that happens.

Here's the finished product...and I'm wearing them right now as I blog this, and I feel sooo damn sophisticated even in the midst of my laziness (it IS only 7pm here)!

No comments:

Post a Comment