Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cowl-neck tank

I've been saving this 1.75 yards of GORGEOUS fabric that I scored from Jomar for probably 3 or 4 years now.  I have no idea what it is...it's some kind of almost-crinkly-almost-stretchy-100%poly that feels so soft (not shiny and not dull...go figure).  Not wanting to just throw it away on any old pattern, I would hide it away in my stash and occasionally drag it out to drool over it.

I have been working on a self-drafted shell/top pattern that I think I've got down pretty well, and the jewel-toned purples in this fabric are just screaming "FALL, FALL, FALL."  So, the two came together, and in about 3 hours I had this little gem:
Shell done, without the cowl-neck installed

















 



A lot of thought and planning went into cutting out the front piece and the placement of the pattern; I was trying to avoid the dreaded "oh, crap, it's right on my nipple" mistake we ALL fear.  I think I was pretty successful! 

I decided it needed a special neckline, so I drafted a cowl-neck piece on the bias of my scrap fabric.  It didn't turn out too bad!

I love this shell!  It's gorgeous and you'll see me in it at least once a week this fall/winter.  :)

Finished, with the self-drafted cowl-neck





















As an added bonus, this is the first garment into which I was able to install my "me made" satin tag that I bought from Yuki (from Hong Kong!) off Etsy.  It's so cute, and it's lavendar!  It's got the bird and the phrase "me made" on the front, and on the back it says "Ashley." 

"Me-made" satin tag from Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment